Monday, April 10, 2017

GL is Eight Months Old!


Look who is 8 months old!


She was very interested in the sticker on her shirt this month and kept trying to pull it off. I had to keep calling her name to get her to look at the camera so I could snap a few pictures.


 Her newest trick is to put her tongue between her lips and blow/spit every where. She loves it, and we can have a whole "conversation" that involves nothing but laughing and spitting at each other. She also likes to do it while she's nursing, which covers me in a fine mist of slobber and breast milk. But she's so darn cute that I don't really mind it too much!


She is so, so close to crawling! I expect she'll be on the move in the next week or two. She wants to sit on her bottom and lean forward over her feet, but so far she hasn't been able to get those feet out of the way to get going. She eventually gets frustrated that she can't go anywhere, but when I pick her up to give her a break, she immediately tries again as soon as I set her down. She is determined!



8 Month Info

Stats
(weighed & measured @ home)
16lbs
26"

Sleeping
Her sleeping is still good overall. I am able to lay her down in her crib while she's drowsy but awake, and she will put herself to sleep. Her stretches of night sleep are getting longer, although she's still up on average twice a night to nurse. I usually put her down between 6-7pm, and she wakes up between 6-7am. Her naps are at least an hour long, sometimes up to two hours. She takes a morning nap about 2 hours after she wakes up, then usually a 30 min catnap when we drive to pick up MC from preschool at noon, then a late afternoon nap.

Feeding
She is eating pureed foods once and sometimes twice a day. I'd estimate that she only eats about 1/2 an ounce or so in each setting. We've tried lots of different foods - apple, banana, pear, avocado, sweet potato, peas, carrots - and she seems to like most everything.

Clothes
She is wearing 9 month clothes. It is getting warm here, so I've pulled out the boxes of MC's hand-me-downs from the summer she turned one.

Language
She is doing lots of babbling with hard consonant sounds - mostly da, ba, and ga. She has also begun to sign for "milk" when she is ready to nurse.

Milestones
First road trip and stay in a hotel, including sleeping in the Pack N Play - she did great with all of it! 

No comments: