Monday, October 10, 2016

GL is Two Months Old!



October 8, 2016

GL is two months old! She has started smiling and cooing at us, and it is just the best thing ever! I haven't been able to catch a full smile on camera yet, but I'm working on it. She is tracking us really well with her eyes. She's also noticed her hands a few times but hasn't become fully fascinated with them yet. She likes to make eye contact with us and stare at our faces; we usually get big grins and coos from her when she first makes eye contact. She also likes bright lights and the ceiling fans - anything with high contrast really catches her attention.

She is still spitting up all over us all the time. She is a "happy spitter" - not uncomfortable and still gaining weight appropriately, so it's not a health issue. But it does mean I do a LOT of both her and my laundry to keep us in clean clothes. I have burp cloths stashed all over the house. And BD says we're going to burn the rocking chair once we're done with it; there's not any way we could get that thing fully clean with the amount of spit up that's been on it.

She continues to be pretty laid back overall. She fits in so well around here; we are so glad she's ours!




Two Month Info

Stats
10 lb 2.5oz
23" tall

Feeding
She is still exclusively breastfed, and that is going well. I am so lucky to have had very few problems with 2 breastfed babies. (I've told BD that I while I might not be good at being pregnant, I am good at birthing and nursing babies!) She eats on demand - every 2-3 hours during the day. Soon I will start pumping some milk so that BD can give her a bottle.

Sleeping
In the last week she has slept for a 5 or 5.5 hour stretch a couple of times. She generally goes to sleep pretty easily once she's full and swaddled. During the day she takes a couple of cat naps in the morning and a longer nap in the afternoon and then another cat nap in the evening. She is a noisy and somewhat restless sleeper - especially during the night when I put her down after she has nursed the first time. I don't think it's reflux bothering her because it's only at that specific time when she's noisy and restless. The pediatrician told us that it is pretty common and something she will grow out of. If I put her in bed next to me, she will settle down and sleep soundly.

Clothes
She is wearing 3 month clothes. As we move into cooler fall weather, I've had to get some warmer clothes for her. Most of MC's hand-me-downs that I have for her are all short sleeves in 3 month size.

One month 

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Have been reading your most recent posts on my phone, so I haven't been commenting. Today I wanted you to know how much Daddy and I enjoyed all of them including this one. You were a "coo-er", and we LOVED every minute of it!!! So glad things are going so well! It's so nice to have that second little girl to cherish.