Friday, July 29, 2016

Pregnancy Update: Baby #2, 38 Weeks




How far along? Picture taken at 38w, 3d

Size of baby? 6.75 lbs, 14 inches crown to rump - about the size of a leek, according to the internet. Developmentally Baby Sister is clinically mature and ready to be born any time now. At my appointment this week, the midwife guessed that she'll be just about the size MC was at birth. I get different answers from everyone about this, LOL - but everyone seems to be in consensus that at least she won't be like 12 pounds or something crazy!

Weight gain/loss? My weight has been down for my last two appointments so I've actually kind of lost track of this because I can't remember exactly what my pre-pregnancy weight was. I'll just stick with +18 from the 36 week update and call that close enough.

Maternity clothes? Yep, and they are driving me crazy - making me itchy and hot.

Stretch marks? No, although I am starting to develop a faint linea nigra down my belly. According to what I've read this is somewhat late in the pregnancy to develop it, but it will fade in a few months.

Sleep? Still very little sleep. Combined with the fact that it's so hot outside, that I'm having to get up at 5:30am to walk, and I am kinda feeling like a zombie most days.

Best moment this week? BD's work team threw us a little potluck lunch and baby "sprinkle" last week. It was very thoughtful of them, and MC always enjoys visiting Daddy at work. It was supposed to be a surprise for BD, but one of his co-workers accidentally spilled the beans on the morning of the event. 

(Those office jobs sure look tough, right?!)

Food cravings/aversions? Not really. I can't eat much at a time before I feel really full. 

Gender? Girl

Belly button in or out? Out, much to MC's delight. She loves to point it out when she can see it through my shirt.

Movement? Still lots of movement. She is head down so I can feel her feet up near my ribs a lot. A lot of times I can feel her little heels jutting out.

What I miss? I miss not being pregnant.

What I'm looking forward to? I'm looking forward to meeting her, seeing her face, and getting the labor/delivery process behind me. 

How's Mommy feeling? I go back and forth between being done, done, DONE (and annoyed with everyone for everything) and wanting her to just stay put because I know it will be more work when she's here on the outside!

How's Daddy feeling? He's tired of all his co-workers asking him when the baby's coming, how close it's getting to due date, is he getting excited, etc. (Editor's note: This made me laugh so hard! I remember this so well from when I was working during my pregnancy with MC. I was so annoyed because the due date wasn't even here, and it was all people wanted to talk to me about!)

Milestones? I've yet to actually pack a hospital bag, but I have made a list of things to bring in the bag - does that count?!

1 comment:

Peggy said...

The week or two before you were born, I had a big meltdown in the den with Daddy! I remember walking into the den, where he was sitting on the sofa and starting to cry and cry about why this baby wouldn't come out!! Hang in there!!