Monday, June 20, 2016

Pregnancy Update: Baby #2, 32 Weeks






How far along? Picture taken at 32w, 5d

Size of baby? 4 lbs, 11.5" crown to rump - the size of a large jicama, according to the internet - what a random comparison! Developmentally Baby Sister can now turn her head side to side and all 5 of her senses are working.

Weight gain/loss? +12

Maternity clothes? Yep.

Stretch marks? None so far.

Sleep? Hit or miss.

Best moment this week? I can't really think of anything pregnancy related for this one. This continues to be a healthy, uneventful pregnancy and for that I am very thankful.

Food cravings/aversions? Not really. I'm still not into sweets like I am in my non-pregnant life.

Gender? Girl.


Belly button in or out? Flat, but on its way out.

Movement? Lots of movement all the time - she's a wiggly girl in there! There are lots of times when I can feel her sharp little elbow or knee (or heel? I can never tell what specific body part it is!) poking right out of my belly. And sometimes she does what feels like a full body roll and my whole belly will shift and move from side to side.

What I miss? I miss being able to comfortably bend at the waist - to tie my shoes, to help MC with things, to pick up anything off the floor, etc.

What I'm looking forward to? We are headed to the beach for our annual vacation soon, and I am very much looking forward to that trip!

How's Mommy feeling? I am having some physical pain - mostly in my pelvis and rib cage as my body stretches to accommodate a rapidly growing Baby Sister. I am also having some minor, occasional heartburn which I never had during my pregnancy with MC. Emotionally and otherwise, I am feeling good. I am enjoying this early part of our summer weather before it gets too hot.

How's Daddy feeling? Check back later for a Daddy update. I forgot to ask him but I want to go ahead and get this posted.Update: Daddy is ready to put the crib together and turn this baby's room into a baby's room.

Milestones? The completion of our bathroom project is our big milestone this month. We are so happy to have that done - not only does it make our lives easier but it's something we've talked about doing for a loooong time.

No comments: