Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Pregnancy Update: Baby #2, 20 weeks





How far along? Picture taken at 20w, 2d

Size of baby? Banana - 10.5oz, 6.5 inches

Weight gain/loss? +6 from pre-pregnancy weight

Maternity clothes? I'm rotating through 2 pairs of maternity jeans. Some pre-pregnancy tops still fit, just depending on the cut. The white shirt in picture is a maternity shirt with a regular tank top underneath.

Stretch marks? No.

Sleep? Sleep has been mostly better in the last few weeks. And the overall exhaustion is much better; I can make it through the day now and usually all the way through helping with MC's bedtime before I go to bed. I mean, don't get me wrong...we're still talking about a 10pm bedtime, but that's better than collapsing in bed when BD walks through the door at 6:30pm as I did for weeks and weeks at the beginning!

Best moment this week? Due to my age, we had a Level 2 ultrasound at the hospital last week. The ultrasound tech spent like 45 minutes with us, looking at every aspect of Baby Sister. It was way more extensive than any of the ultrasounds I had with MC. We looked at all her body parts, and the tech showed us the 4 chambers of her heart, the structure of her brain - all kinds of really cool things. Everything is looking perfect: all pieces and parts accounted for and working, as far as can be seen on ultrasound. We took MC with us to the appointment, but I think we oversold the whole "see pictures of Baby Sister" part. I think she was expecting to see more of a color photograph instead of a weird, smooshy black and white image on a TV screen! Haha! She was interested, especially in seeing Baby Sister's hands, fingers, feet, and toes, but eventually she lost interest and went back to playing games on her iPad. Also, MC is telling people that we are naming the baby either Thomas or Edward, which is pretty entertaining.

Food cravings/aversions? I eat because I have to, but in general eating is just not my thing. Every now and then I think of something that sounds good to me, and either make it or go get it - but a lot of times if I don't (or can't) do it very soon after I think of it, the moment passes, and it doesn't sound good anymore. Even more frustrating is when it sounds good but then doesn't taste good once I'm eating it. And I'm still anti-sweets.

Gender? Girl! We made sure the ultrasound tech confirmed it during our scan, LOL!

Belly button in or out? In.

Movement? I can feel her moving - mostly when I'm lying flat on my back, but BD has not been able to feel her yet.

What I miss? Same answer as last time.

What I'm looking forward to? Getting started on her nursery, although we still haven't decided which bedroom is hers. In non-pregnancy related news, I'm looking forward to the end of pollen season, so that MC and I can play outside again without everything being covered in yellow dust. 

How's Mommy feeling? I am freaking out a little about having done nothing so far to prepare for this kiddo, despite the fact that I am halfway through this pregnancy!

How's Daddy feeling? Feeling good, enjoying seeing how excited MC is about Baby Sister.

Milestones? I'm not throwing up anymore, does that count?! Except for a day here and there of true morning sickness, the vomiting seems to mostly be gone. Unfortunately the nausea is still hanging around frequently, so I'm still taking the prescription anti-nausea meds but only once every other day or so.

No comments: