Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Rain, Rain, and...More Rain

We have had rain here every day for the last 12 days. {I'll pause for a moment while that sinks in...}

It has been a long 12 days. The first few days were okay; I had plenty of rainy day ideas up my sleeve, so we stayed pretty well entertained. Then over this past weekend, it turned cold and windy on top of the rain, and we all started to get a little stir crazy. At one point, we all bundled up and headed out to play outside despite the terrible weather, so I grabbed my waterproof camera to capture some of the "fun".


Three sets of rain boots and a Piper paw!


A dog walking train.


Following the water as it flows down the ditch to the drain.


The water in our ditch was rushing along with a strong current, so BD showed her how to drop something in the water and then chase it along as it floated. We had been out for a while at this point, and everyone was cold. So when she started getting upset that she couldn't keep up with the acorn as it floated down the stream, we decided it was time to head in for some hot chocolate and a snack.


Luckily I remembered I had this giant floor puzzle stashed away in a closet. We spent a long time putting it together several times on Saturday while BD watched football. She worked on it another couple of times throughout the weekend.






No comments: