Monday, August 3, 2015

Family Pictures - 2015

We had family pictures made in May, and I'm just now getting around to printing/framing them, so I thought I'd share a few of our favorites.


We used a new-to-us photographer that was recommended by our friends who also have young kids. We wanted some "lifestyle" shots in our backyard that included Piper. I knew with a puppy and a toddler we were going to get very few posed shots where everyone is looking at the camera and smiling! And, let's be honest, not much of our life these days includes anyone sitting still!


We chose to do them at home in our backyard instead of a location shoot because we figured MC would warm up quicker if she was in a familiar space. And we included a few of MC's current favorite toys (baby doll, big bouncy ball) to capture some of her life at 3 years old.


The photographer did a great job of working with us and just letting MC roam and play, so the pictures came out as really natural and not staged, which I love.


My big love and my little love.



I love her elbow propped up on BD's shoulder in this shot; she has done that with him since she was probably around 8 months old. Also love that she's got her Serious Toddler Face on, an MC specialty.



The whole family - I love how MC is laughing at Piper in this shot. Piper was racing around the yard having fun and stopped just for a split second with us when we sat down on the quilt.


Love this shot of them playing together.


Me and my sweet girl!


No comments: