Monday, December 22, 2014

Conversations at 2.5


LA: MC, you're my favorite.
MC: No, I'm not...I'm MayMay!

**************

LA: How did you get so cute?
MC: I'm not so cute!
LA: You're not? Why not?!
MC: I'm still wearing my jammies!

**************

Lately she's been very interested in everyone's 'real' names. So we've been talking about how she calls me Mama but my 'real' name is LA, and Daddy's 'real' name is BD.

MC: My name not MC; my name LA.
LA: Your name is LA? Then what's my name?
MC: Your name BD.
LA: Then what is Daddy's name?
MC: MC!

**************

MC: What Piper's last name?
LA: It's A_______.
MC: Oh! Just like mine!

**************

MC: (after saying something funny) Dat joke, Mama. MayMay funny girl.

**************

Often I tell her "Everybody ____ sometimes." Fill in the blank with 'falls down' or 'spills milk' or whatever she's upset about at the moment. So recently, we're in the car...

MC: Why we not moving, Mama?
LA: There's a traffic jam - a bunch of cars stopped up here for some reason.
MC: Oh! We moving again!
LA: Yep, all the traffic cleared up.
MC: Everybody clear up sometimes!

No comments: