Friday, August 22, 2014

Kitchen Stool

MC loves to "help" in the kitchen. Which means I have two choices: (1) hold her on my hip and try to cook with one hand or (2) let her stand in a kitchen chair and risk a head injury when she inevitably gets too close to the edge of the chair.


I'd had my eye on a Learning Tower on Amazon, but they are pretty pricey for what is basically a kitchen stool. And then a couple of weeks ago I found this little gem on Craigslist, and it was right here in CH -- excellent condition, for less than half of retail price! (I never have any luck on Craigslist, so when it was exactly as described: smoke-free, undamaged, etc - I was pleasantly surprised.)


It has already paid for itself several times over. She loves her new-found ability to really help in the kitchen! We've made multiple batches of muffins; I measure the ingredients, and she pours them into the bowls. She's also an excellent stir-er!



We've also made a fresh batch of homemade play dough in her choice of colors, blue and green.


It does mean twice the cleanup effort for me, but it is well worth it for her to be happily involved instead of clinging to my legs and whining.



No comments: