Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sunday Stitches: Lots of Updates

It's been a while since I've posted any cross stitch pictures...mostly because I obviously have less time these days to stitch. But I do still find time every once in a while, so here are some projects I've finished since I last posted about it. I know you've been waiting with bated breath for a cross stitch post!! ;)



This is a Heart in Hand design, stitched over two on 32ct Natural Belfast linen with over-dyed threads. Not sure if the close-up is close enough to show the Smyrna stitches in the stripes. It was my first time using that particular stitch. My goal is to create a wall of framed mixed holiday pieces - at least one piece for each holiday throughout the year. I have several finished holiday pieces, but none of them have been framed yet...so this might be a long-term goal!



This is an Anne Powell Heirloom Stitchery design, copyright 1983 - an oldie but goodie. I can't remember what I stitched this on; I think it's 28ct Ivory linen, over two with DMC threads. I originally stitched this planning to have it framed and hung in the dining room, but then my mom pointed out that it coordinates with a canvas print in MC's playroom, so I think it may relocate to the playroom instead.



This is a Lizzie Kate "Snippet" design, stitched over two on 32ct Cream Siena Linen using over-dyed threads. I did this one - just needing something simple to finish quickly - thinking I would frame it for MC's room, but now that it's done I've decided it's too cheesy to frame, LOL!
 

This is a Country Cottage Needleworks "Kids" design, stitched over two on 28ct Country French Latte linen using a mix of over-dyed and DMC threads. I didn't realize until I was putting this post together that there is a whole collection of "Kids" designs - including a series of really cute nursery rhyme pieces! This one is going in MC's playroom. This was my second time stitching with metallic threads, and thankfully this one had very few metallic stitches; although I love the finished effect, I do not enjoy metallic threads - it's almost like trying to stitch with very fine gauge wire. It kinks and frays and just tries to be as frustrating as possible.

I've already started a new project - this one is back to my original favorite subject, dogs! So hopefully it won't be over a year before you see another cross stitch post.

No comments: