Friday, May 3, 2013

Our Favorite Baby Things: 7-9 Months

Check out our 4-6 Month list and our 0-3 Month list for younger babies.

We started really working on solid foods with MC during the 7-9 month timeframe. It has been a very slow process with her, but there were several things that helped us.



These spoons were the only ones shallow enough that she could easily get to the food with her small mouth. Also, they are rubber tipped so I don't have to worry about hitting her gums or her biting down on hard plastic or metal.

I was surprised at how many options there were to chose from when I started looking at bowls to use for her food. You'd think that a bowl is a bowl, right?! I chose these bowls - they were simple and inexpensive.

And if I thought there were a lot of bowls to choose from, I was really overwhelmed by the bazillion different varieties of sippy cups. We've tried several different ones, but these seem to be her current favorite. I'm still holding and tilting the cup for her right now, but I'm sure the handles will come in handy for her little hands soon. These haven't leaked so far and don't have a ton of parts to take apart for washing.



These bibs are the best ones I've found. The pouch helps to keep the food from ending up in her lap, and they wipe clean pretty easily - although she's so messy with the eating that I end up tossing them in the wash after each use. I machine wash but hang to dry (not sure what the manufacturer recommends), and they have held up well.

For toys during this age range, MC has really enjoyed things that make noise and put/take toys. Here are a few of her favorites.

This picnic basket gets tons of playtime currently. She loves to take the food out and put it back in the basket again and again. As a bonus, the sandwich pieces are velcroed together so she likes to pull the layers apart.



This ball ramp has also been a big hit. She quickly figured out how to put the balls on the ramp to watch them roll down, and the balls themselves rattle so she also plays with those separately from the ramp.




She really seems to enjoy music these days - clapping her hands and bopping her head to the tunes. These two CDs were in her Easter basket, and we have listened to them a lot. Even though it is kids' music, I really enjoy it myself; I don't find them very irritating at all.


We started using a forward-facing stroller during this time frame. (Although ours is black, not red like this picture - you know this Tar Heel family doesn't have a Wolfpack red stroller, LOL!) I know lots of people have very strong opinions on strollers, but I mainly just wanted one that was light-weight and didn't take up my entire trunk. This is the same brand of car seat and stroller frame that we've been using since MC was born. I tested a few in-person at the store, and this one seemed to fit my needs just fine. (FYI - I used a 20% off BRU coupon and got this cheaper than the Amazon price.)

(This is not a sponsored post.)

No comments: