Monday, May 27, 2013

Let's Eat

I mentioned in her eleven month post that MC has really started to enjoy eating lately. I wasn't joking...none of these pictures are staged:
 


 
This was after she'd eaten two helpings of avocado (about 1/2 of a whole avocado), and I gave her the empty bowl to play with when she finished. During this meal, she also ate a serving of cottage cheese, black beans, sweet potato, and a handful of blueberries. We haven't yet found anything she won't eat. She does seem to have a few favorites: scrambled egg, black beans, and avocado top the list right now. And by favorite I mean if I put those items down on the tray with other stuff, she will pick through and eat the favorite first before eating the other stuff. 

 
If I want her to eat something with a strong taste (ex: sharp cheddar cheese or broccoli), I just mix it in with something she's familiar with for a few days before giving it to her as a stand-alone item. Everything pretty much gets all mixed together on the tray anyway, so mixing things together doesn't bother her.  



And yes, we went straight to the bathtub after supper on this night!


1 comment:

sil said...

very cute! i hope my baby starts to love food this way as well.