Thursday, March 28, 2013

41 weeks, 2 days

Baby MC was born at 41 weeks, 2 days of my pregnancy. Today is the 41st week, 2nd day of her life. As of 11:51am she has officially been outside for longer than she was inside. And oh, what an amazing 41 weeks, 2 days it has been.


Dear MC,

41 weeks and 2 days ago, Daddy and I didn't really have much of an understanding of what, exactly, we had gotten ourselves into with you. Oh, we were excited for sure, and we had taken some classes and read some books, but let's face it...nothing truly prepares you to become a parent.

I was never one of those women who just knew she wanted to be a mother. I never felt particularly destined for motherhood. You, my girl, are what I never knew I always wanted. Being your mother for these 41 weeks and 2 days has been the joy of my life. Your daddy claims that you are a Mama's girl, but the truth is that I am just as in love with you as you are with me.

Watching your daddy love you has made me fall in love with him a thousand times over. You don't know it quite yet, but you hit the Daddy jackpot with him, sweet girl. Although by the way your face lights up when you see him, I think you might have an inkling of just how lucky you are to have him.

You are a beautiful blend of Daddy and me, rolled into a delightful personality that is uniquely you. I hope you always know how proud we are to call your ours. We love you so much, baby girl.

xo,
Mama

No comments: