Saturday, June 2, 2012

Week 39 Poppy Seed Update



How far along? Pictures taken at 39 weeks, 5 days.

Size of baby? My doctor is estimating 6.5 - 7lbs at delivery, unless I go to 41 or 42 weeks, then "all bets are off".

Weight gain/loss? +22 - I've been hovering here for the last couple of weeks. I'll be up a pound one week and then down a pound the next.

Maternity clothes? Yes. I had a hissy fit on Thursday about not having anything to wear - it's hot here and everything sticks to me. So I went to Target and bought 3 $10 maternity t's; I thought for sure buying maternity clothes 3 days before my due date would guarantee me to go into labor...but here I am, wearing one of those t's.

Stretch marks? Still none so far.

Sleep? Don't mind me and my glassy-eyed stare. My doctor says that most women say they actually sleep better after the baby comes. I'm pretty sure she just says that because she can see the hint of desperation in my eyes, but I'll take any little sliver of hope I can get.

Best moment this week? Yesterday was my last day of working in the office. Starting next week I'll work from home full-time until she arrives. I already wfh once or twice a week on a regular basis so it's not that new, but it will be nice to not have to be up and dressed in the mornings. And at least I won't have to deal with everyone asking the same questions over and over again. I know they mean well, but the "oh my goodness! you're still here!" comment gets old...FAST.  

Food cravings/aversions? No.

Gender? Girl.

Belly button in or out? A tiny bit out.

Movement? Yes.

What I miss? Same answer from last week - if it has to do with not being pregnant, I miss it.

What I'm looking forward to? I can't wait to see what she looks like.

How's Mommy feeling? Have I mentioned that I'm tired?

How's Daddy feeling? He's tired, too - tired of listening to me whine about not getting any sleep! LOL!

Milestones? Reaching official due date tomorrow! I have a feeling we won't see her sweet face until one day next week, but we do have something fun planned for tomorrow to celebrate the day anyway.

1 comment:

Fine For Now said...

Thinking about you and came to your blog to see if there was any baby news! :-)