Saturday, June 9, 2012

Waiting on Poppy Seed

As of the publishing of this post, Poppy Seed is 6 days overdue. Now, I know that the due date is just an estimate so "overdue" is a relative term, but when you've lived the last 10 months of your life with one date in mind and then that date passes and there's no baby, it's a little crazy-making.

Not to mention the fact that every single person you see says things like "You're *still* pregnant?!" or "Wasn't that baby due 3 days ago?!" or my personal favorite "When's that baby coming?!"

BD and I are committed to being patient and waiting her out*; I really really do not want to be induced if I can avoid it. So I'm trying to keep myself busy and occupied so I don't dwell on BabyBabyBaby 24x7.

I am still working my job from home so that takes up a big chunk of each day. Here are some of the things I've been doing with my downtime:

Baking!











Pictured L to R: double batch of blueberry muffins with cinnamon crumb topping; strawberry cookies with cream cheese icing; chewy M&M sugar cookies. Not pictured: double batch of banana chocolate chip muffins and probably some other things I've already forgotten.

Laundry! All of it.



Writing! thank you notes for baby gifts:


Shopping! for Poppy Seed:



*We are obviously only waiting as long as it continues to be safe for her. We saw her on u/s on Thursday, and she's healthy and happy in there -- just a little too comfortable to come out yet. My OB continues to monitor her 2x week. We will induce at the end of next week if she hasn't arrived on her own before then.

No comments: