Wednesday, June 20, 2012

MC's Birth Day

MC was born on Tuesday, June 12, 2012 after about 19 hours of labor -- including 3.5 hours of pushing. She had a little trouble breathing at first, but she quickly recovered and didn't require any intervention.


I was unmedicated throughout the entire labor and delivery - so to say I was happy to see her on the outside was a vast understatement.


After spending some kangaroo time with me and an initial breastfeeding session, she got a sponge bath and a hair wash for her little blonde baby mullet.


Once they moved us to the postpartum room, we started notifying people that she was here. And I finally got a snack; I hadn't had anything to eat in 24 hours so I was starving!


BD changed her first dirty diaper; in fact, he changed all of her diapers in the hospital. He went from never having changed a diaper to being an old pro in about 24 hours.


48 hours after her birth we were discharged from the hospital and took her home.


1 comment:

Fine For Now said...

Wow! Unmedicated! You are awesome! Congratulations again, she is a doll :-)