Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Week 38 Poppy Seed Update


How far along? Pictures taken at 38 weeks, 1 day

Size of baby? Approx 7lbs, 19.5" long - although the Dr has said she might be on the small side, based on my weight gain and belly measurements.

Weight gain/loss? +22lbs

Maternity clothes? Yes and getting tired of them. I looked at all the cute summer skirts at Target today and had to talk to myself sternly and keep walking.

Stretch marks? Still none.

Sleep? Do I look tired in these pictures?? Well, we took these pictures at the end of a long workday after a busy weekend, so that is part of why I look tired. But it's also because I CAN'T SLEEP. The next person who says to me, "Oh, this is just preparing you for when she's here!" better run and duck for cover.


Best moment this week? We did a lot of work in her nursery over the weekend, so it's great to see it finally all come together. It looks like a little girl will be living in there soon! 

Food cravings/aversions? Not really.

Gender? Girl.

Belly button in or out? Flat. And weird looking.

Movement? Not so much flips and turns anymore - she's running out of room in there, but lots of jabs and kicks from elbows, knees, hands and feet.

What I miss? If it has to do with not being pregnant, I miss it.

What I'm looking forward to? Same as last time - having her here with us instead of in my belly. (And, let's be honest...putting her in all the cute little outfits!) 

How's Mommy feeling? How's Daddy feeling? We're both excited. But we're not the only two... this guy knows something interesting is going on around here, too.


Milestones? Reaching full-term status! Now we're just waiting for Hurricane Poppy Seed to make her landfall.

1 comment:

Fine For Now said...

Wow 38 weeks already!

I'm going back into your archives to see how much weight you gained by 32 weeks. I am only up 9 pounds. At my 30 week appointment the doctor said it was fine and let's see what happens at 32 weeks, but I have only gained 1/2 pound. I do have my appointment today, but it is comforting to see you have gained so little too :-)