Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Week 36 Poppy Seed Update


How far along? Pictures taken at 36 weeks, 3 days

Size of baby? about 6lbs, 18" long

Weight gain/loss? +22lbs

Maternity clothes? Yep

Stretch marks? Nope, although my skin is starting to feel like it can't possibly stretch any farther.

Sleep? I am tossing and turning a lot - having trouble getting comfortable most nights. I only sleep for a couple of hours before I'm awake to use the bathroom and then the getting comfortable process starts again.

Best moments this week month? We've done the labor and delivery tour at the hospital; the L&D floor is currently being remodeled, so that should make things...interesting. We've also selected a doula and started pre-natal appointments with her. I've got most of her things washed and ready to go. BD's been helping me get stuff organized in her room, and we finished buying the last few things we need for her. 

Food cravings/aversions? I'm having totally random cravings, most of which pass before I ever even get to indulge - one day last week it was fresh pineapple; today it was gingersnap cookies.


Gender? Girl! Recently I've been telling BD that I am looking for clothes for her that are other colors besides light pink or light purple. At this point he only listens with one ear when I talk about baby clothes. Fast forward to the other night, when he was putting away clothes in her drawer as I folded them. He opened the drawer where the newborn sized clothes are and exclaimed, "OMG! This whole drawer is pink! We have got to find some other colors for her."

Belly button in or out? Still flat.

Movement? She's rockin' and rollin' in there all the time. One day recently I was lying on the couch on my side and just happened to have my hand on my belly. She kicked hard enough right against my hand, and I could feel it was her foot! BD felt it too a few minutes later. It was equal parts freaky and cool.

What I miss? I still have morning sickness on occasion and on those days I have a low-level nausea throughout the day. So I miss feeling normal and not nauseous. Also: I miss bending over easily. 

What I'm looking forward to? This probably sounds weird but I'm looking forward to her birth; I'm ready to have this little girl in my arms instead of in my belly.

How's Mommy feeling? Overall physically I'm feeling fine - last week I started having some swelling in my feet and ankles. After water aerobics and being really diligent about keeping my feet up, it seems to be gone for the most part. Overall emotionally I'm feeling pretty relaxed (how unlike me!) and finally feeling the nesting instinct kick in.


How's Daddy feeling? Ready to finish the prep work (i.e., Mommy's never ending to-do list) so hopefully we'll have some time to relax before she gets here.

Milestones? Officially full-term in just a few days!

No comments: