Thursday, March 1, 2012

Almost Homemade Lemon Poundcake

This lemon poundcake recipe is one of my favorite easy recipes to take for a potluck. It always gets rave reviews and is super easy to make.

All you need is a Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Lemon Supreme boxed cake mix. I am partial to Duncan Hines, but probably another brand would be fine. You'll also need a box of lemon pudding-pie filling mix, 4 eggs, 1/3 cup oil, and 1 cup water. 


Put everything into the mixing bowl.


Mix for 2 minutes on medium speed. The batter will get very fluffy.

Pour batter into a well-greased Bundt pan. The "well-greased" part is very important - the bottom of this cake becomes the top, so you want to make sure it comes out of the pan cleanly. I use baking spray with flour to coat the pan.



Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Let it cool in the pan for 20 minutes and then invert the pan onto your serving dish.



This cake is really good by itself, but I like to make a glaze out of lemon juice and powdered sugar. I usually make the glaze either too runny or too thick, but this time I got it just right -- where most of it stayed on top but some ran down the sides.



This cake itself is sweet-lemon, not very tangy. I am a fan of tangy-lemon so I make sure the glaze has a little bite to it.




2 comments:

teg said...

I love any lemon dessert and that looks amazing!

Handmade Mama said...

Yummm....I need to stop visiting your site, because you always make something that I CANNOT half. Will have to try this one once I can have sweets again :)