Saturday, February 18, 2012

Week 24 Poppy Seed Update


How far along? Picture taken at 24 weeks, 6 days

Size of baby? Approx. 8.5" long (crown to rump) and weighs 1.5 pounds

Total weight gain/loss? +10

Maternity clothes? Yep. And I'm trying not to look at all the cute non-pregnancy spring clothes that are out. Maternity clothes are just not super cute.

Stretch marks? Not so far...fingers crossed that it stays that way.

Sleep? Some nights are better than others, but pretty good overall.

Best moment this week? We started the baby registry! Also, I thought we had her name narrowed down to our top contender...until BD came home and announced that he still "just isn't sure" about it. ARGH.

Food cravings/aversions? I've been craving Wendy's Frosties -- but I've only had one. I can't tell you the last time I had a Wendy's Frosty before now...probably 10 years ago in college? In fact, when I ordered the Frosty, the cashier asked me "What kind?" and I just stared at her. I had no idea that they now come in chocolate and vanilla! (I got chocolate.)

Gender? Girl! I guess I can stop answering this question each time.

Belly button in or out? Innie, although getting noticeably shallower.

Movement? Yes, lots of movement - especially early in the mornings and late in the evenings. I feel her most when I am still. When I'm up and moving about either she's still or I just can't feel her moving as well. BD has been able to feel her moving as well, which is very fun for both of us.

What I miss? I find it very challenging to keep myself full enough throughout the day without consuming waaay too many calories. So, I guess I just miss eating like a normal person and not thinking about food all the time.

What I'm looking forward to? Her nursery furniture arriving (should be soon!) and painting the nursery. More accurately: supervising BD paint the nursery. We currently have a gazillion paint chips up on the walls but no final decision.

How's Mommy feeling? I've been feeling pretty good lately. I still have full-on morning sickness once or twice a week, but that is so much better than how it was in the beginning that I don't really even feel justified in complaining about it. (Believe me...I still *do* complain about it!) I feel a little overwhelmed at all the things that I feel like still need to be done -- especially if I stop and realize that I am 6+ months pregnant at this point.

How's Daddy feeling? Anxious to get her nest built in the nursery.

Milestones? According to my pregnancy books, she can now tell if she's upside down or right side up, and her lungs are developing rapidly.

1 comment:

Handmade Mama said...

LA...SOOOO cute! I love your posts on progress. And do not laugh about the gender thing...I have had two friends to have surprise opposite sex births :)