Monday, January 16, 2012

Week 20 Poppy Seed Update

Sugar and spice and everything nice...that's what Baby GIRL Armstrong is made of!!


These are pictures of the ultrasound pictures, so the quality is not great, but the one above shows her profile and the one below shows her upper arm and hand up by her face.


In addition to the exciting "it's a girl" news, we also confirmed that the rest of her anatomy scan looked great - 4 chamber heart, 2 kidneys, etc. She was measuring spot-on for her due date, so we're moving into high gear to prep for her arrival in early June.

How far along? U/S pics taken at 19wks 5d. My pic taken at 20wks 1d.

Size of baby? The size of a cantaloupe - about 10oz, 6.5" long

Total weight gain/loss? +6lbs

Maternity clothes? Some, but not all. I can still wear most of my pre-pregnancy dresses and most of my pre-pregnancy weekend/comfy clothes.

Stretch marks? No.

Sleep? Pretty good - I can still sleep on my tummy but not for long stretches of time.

Best moment this week? Finding out that Poppy Seed is a she! I've been saying I thought she was a girl for months now, so I know I at least have a tiny bit of mother's intuition. (And yes, by "mothers intuition" I mean "total guess with a 50/50 shot at being right"!)

Food cravings/aversions? I don't have much of a sweet tooth which is highly unusual for me.

Gender? GIRL!

Belly button in or out? In.

Movement? Yes, I've felt her move a few times -- usually it's when I'm lying flat on my back.

What I miss? Although I do have more energy than I did earlier in this pregnancy, overall I definitely don't have the energy I had pre-pregnancy. I'm sure that's probably not unusual, but I guess I just expected to go back to "normal" after the first trimester. So I miss being able to go-go-go like I did before. Now it's more like go-rest-go-rest.

What I'm looking forward to? Picking out furniture/bedding and starting to put together her nursery.

How's Mommy feeling? I'm not having any issues other than the morning sickness, so I'm feeling pretty good most days. I've started pre-natal water aerobics classes, and I've got a couple of pre-natal yoga/workout DVDs, so it's nice to feel a little more like myself as far as getting regular exercise.

How's Daddy feeling? Already worried about the teenage years.

Milestones? Finding out the gender was the biggie this week. I guess the next thing coming up is the glucose test?

6 comments:

Jess said...

Congrats! A GIRL! That's awesome news. I can't wait to see what you guys do with the nursery!

Nikki said...

Congratulations! I know a thing or two or THREE about girls. ;) You will be wonderful parents. I can't wait to see what she looks like!

Mary Frances said...

Yay for baby girls!! So glad that she looks healthy & all is going well - you look amazing!

Fine For Now said...

That's wonderful!!! So excited for you both :-)

Katie said...

So excited for your healthy baby girl! Can't wait to see what you put together for her pretty nursery!

Tracy said...

Congratulations!!!! Girls are the BEST!