Monday, January 30, 2012

Poppy Seed Nursery Update - Furniture and Bedding

We have made a start on Poppy Seed's nursery!

I ordered this bedding for her. It came last week and is even cuter in person. I haven't decided what color we're going to paint her room. I'm leaning towards yellow, but I don't have a good track record with picking out yellow paint. And BD is not keen on the idea of painting the room 10x to get the exact right shade of yellow. I have also thought about doing wainscotting on the bottom half of the walls and painting the top half. (Reading this post will be the first BD has heard of that idea so... surprise, BD!)


Her crib and dresser are ordered and should be here in a few weeks.



The other big thing that we still need to get is a glider rocker. This is the one thing that we can't agree on, style wise. BD wants one with an exposed wood frame, similar to this:

And I want a fully upholstered one, similar to this:


There are still a million things we need to get for her and the nursery, but I think this covers it as far as things that have to be ordered.

If you follow my Pinterest boards, you've seen that I've pinned some wall art for her nursery. I'm having trouble finding anything that I really like. It seems that most everything has words on it - which, the quotes are lovely and all...but it's going to be a while until she can read, you know? I'm not really sure what exactly I'm looking for, which is part of the problem. I'm planning to hang the quilt from the crib set on the wall, so that will take up some space, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the rest. 

3 comments:

Handmade Mama said...

LeAnn, the baby bedding and furniture are BEAUTIFUL! I agree with you on the glider. We spent a little more and went with the fully upholstered one and LOVED it! The exposed wood ones are kinda dated now...BD will kill me for saying that, but it's true! I say that if you can swing the cost of the upholstered one, go for it...walking away now :) For the walls, a light blue would not be bad and would get you away from the pinks...just another thought! Glad that I found you all...I will be subscribing to your blog! Thanks for sharing!

Fine For Now said...

Beautiful bedding! I second the fully upholstered chair :) We have a hand me down exposed wood rocker and it is no where near as comfy as my sisters upholstered chair! We still rock at almost two years old, so your back end will clock many hours in that chair. Go for the comfort :-)

teg said...

I am so behind on my blog reading - Congratulations!!!