Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Peanut Butter Milk Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie

One of my Pinterest boards is titled "I Pinned It So I Did It" and this is the first pin to actually make it on there!

This pie is basically a giant cookie in a pastry pie crust.


I'm just getting back into the swing of baking, so I took the easy way out and used a pre-made, refrigerated crust. I actually think these crusts are pretty good and it definitely saves a lot of time.


You mix all the base ingredients together (butter, eggs, sugar, flour, salt) with a hand mixer.


Next you stir in the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips and nuts, then pour it all into the pie crust.

It baked for about an hour. I'm still learning the ins and outs of our new ovens so I originally had the timer set for 45 minutes. It was still really jiggly in the middle after 45 minutes and I should have trusted my gut and slid it back in for a while, but I was afraid the crust was getting too brown.

Later when BD tried to cut into it, it was not done!! So I put it back into the oven for another 15 minutes - I had no idea if that would work or would totally ruin it, but we weren't going to eat it the way it was, so I figured it was worth a shot. Turns out, it worked like a charm, and it was much better after the re-bake.

The crust got just a teensy bit browner than my ideal, so next time I'll probably cover the edges with aluminum foil halfway through the bake time.

Let it cool for a while - just like cookies, it needs time to set after coming out of the oven.

My piece:


BD's piece:

Recipe source

1 comment:

House of Sykes said...

oh my gracious - i printed this recipe last night and am planning to make it tonight. can't WAIT to see how yummy it is!

hope mom, dad, kip and baby are doing well!