Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Finally Baking(ish) Again!

For many months now, I haven't been able to bear the thought of baking. Finally, the awful morning all-day sickness has started to subside, so I pulled out a recipe I've had saved for a while. 


I chose this one because it was really simple and didn't have many ingredients, so the odds were good that I'd actually be able to finish it. Does it really count as baking if I didn't even turn on the oven?

Semi-sweet and white chocolate, oreos, and peanut butter:


Melt the chocolates:


Crumble the oreos:


Mix peanut butter in with white chocolate, then mix half of crumbled cookies into each chocolate.


Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper:


Swirl chocolates together:

Refrigerate until firm, about one hour - and then break into pieces:

4 comments:

Tracy said...

How was this? It looks SO good!

LA and BD said...

Well, it turns out I don't have much of a sweet tooth these days, but BD really likes it.

I have a co-worker that makes this for holiday gifts; it is so easy to scale up if you need to make for a lot of people.

Della Marie said...

I was "next blogging" because I am avoiding homework and none of the blogs that I follow had been updated. I stumbled on your blog and started reading...I hope you don't mind. I just wanted to let you know that your dog is hilarious and you are adorable...And I wish I could eat some of that tasty looking treat. I hope you continue to feel better. Congratulations.

LA and BD said...

Thanks for the sweet comment, Della Marie! Welcome - we always love new readers!