Monday, December 19, 2011

Week 16 Poppy Seed Update















How far along? pictures taken at 16 weeks 1 day

Size of baby? The size of an avocado (4.5" long, 3.5oz)

Weight gain/loss? +4lbs -- On Friday the doctor said I have "gained weight nicely"...which is not a compliment I've ever heard before, LOL.

Maternity clothes? Not really. I have 2 pairs of maternity jeans from Gap that have the demi panel and they are seeing pretty heavy rotation. I'm still wearing mostly pre-pregnancy tops. A couple of weeks ago I got a huge bin of maternity clothes from a stylish friend, so I'm pretty much set when the time comes. Although I'm sure I won't be able to resist adding a thing or two of my own!

Stretch marks? No.

Sleep? I'm usually up at least once a night to either eat a snack or use the bathroom (or both!). I've been falling asleep on the couch and then waking up later to come to bed, but then I'm awake and can't get back to sleep. So I'm trying to not fall asleep on the couch, which works about 50% of the time. I can still sleep on my stomach for now.

Best moment this week? Hearing the heartbeat at the 4-month appointment.

Food cravings/aversions? The only thing I'm craving so far is apple juice. The food aversions change from day to day -- food generally either sounds good or really really not good.

Gender? We'll find out on Jan 13th!

Belly button in or out? In.

Movement? Not yet.

What I miss? Eating normal sized meals at normal times of the day, instead of the few bites every 2 hours I'm eating now.

What I'm looking forward to? Finding out the gender next month and having some time off work in the next couple of weeks.

How's Mommy feeling? Pretty good most days, as long as I don't let myself get too hungry...which is more challenging than it sounds. The morning all day sickness seems to have improved in the last week so that is a really nice change.

How's Daddy feeling? Excited for the next ultrasound. (And hoping the Tar Heels start playing better basketball.)

Milestones? According to the pregnancy books I'm reading, Poppy Seed can now sense light and hear my voice.

2 comments:

Fine For Now said...

You look great! I'm so glad you are doing so well!! Can't wait to hear the gender news :)

Natalie said...

Aunt Pat was just telling me about your blog this week so I just wanted to say congratulations and you look great!! We're all so excited for you!