Friday, November 18, 2011

My Co-Workers are Animals

I snapped these pictures of the balcony that's right by my desk at work. I took these pictures while sitting in my desk chair; that's how close these guys are to me. 


The glass on the windows is mirrored, so they peck at the glass with their beaks. Sometimes they get really feisty and fling their entire body into the glass - repeatedly.

It's about as conducive to concentrating on work as it sounds.


They are buzzards - I think Turkey Buzzards(?), and there are usually at least 2 of them on the balcony during the sunny part of the day. We've seen up to 6 of them at a time out there.

Building maintanance has put up these little solar powered whirligig things that have metallic streamers on each end to scare off the birds. As you can see, they are really frightened off by it.

No comments: