Tuesday, November 15, 2011

House Portrait

As BD and I started packing up our old house to move, we started talking about taking something with us as a memento of our first house. We have loved this little house and made lots of great memories in it; we knew we couldn't move on without taking a piece of it with us.

I found this Etsy shop and knew that a custom house portrait is exactly what we wanted.

I sent the artist a couple of photos of our house, like this one:



And in a few weeks, we received this 8x10 watercolor image:


We could not be more pleased! The artist did a phenomenal job. She captured all the little details about the house that made it ours -- right down to the garden flag I had in the flowerbed.

I can't wait to have this framed and hung in a place of honor in our new house.

4 comments:

Pickles and Dimes said...

That is so great! I love it! I bookmarked that shop just in case we ever move. :)

House of Sykes said...

that is a wonderful idea. great to keep in mind if we ever move out of our first home.

tony- texas car shipper said...

Wow, what a great idea. I may be moving nest year, I think I will follow your lead and do the same to my house.

Alice said...

what an adorable idea! i love the thought of memorializing a home like that :)