Monday, August 1, 2011

Everybody Likes [Strawberry] Parfait

Donkey: You know what ELSE everybody likes? Parfaits! Have you ever met a person, you say, "Let's get some parfait," they say, "Hell no, I don't like no parfait"? Parfaits are delicious!

Shrek: NO! You dense, irritating, miniature beast of burden! Ogres are like onions! End of story! Bye-bye! See ya later.

Donkey: Parfait's gotta be the most delicious thing on the whole damn planet!

*************************

I made these back in May but just realized I never posted about it. I got this idea from a pie made by one of my co-workers and just adapted it for parfaits.

Hull and wash a handful of strawberries.


Slice, sprinkle with sugar and set aside.


Crush up cookies of your choice. I used Pepperidge Farm Bordeaux cookies, but really anything would work for this.


Combine a package of cream cheese, 1 can of sweetened condensed milk, and 1 pkg of instant vanilla pudding with 2 cups of cold milk. Put it in the fridge for a few minutes to firm up.


Layer cookies, pudding mixture, strawberries, and cool whip. Repeat layers, ending with cool whip.

No comments: