Thursday, July 28, 2011

Best of Both Worlds

Two truths:

(1) Brownies are my favorite food of all times. Notice that I did not limit that statement to "desserts" but included all categories of food.

(2)The best part of making chocolate chip cookies is eating the raw batter. Amirite?

This recipe combines the best of both worlds, in a sugar-shock inducing way.

It starts with a pretty basic brownie recipe...melted unsweetened chocolate.


Butter (lots) and brown sugar...



Some other steps that I forgot to capture and then voila! hot, fresh brownies come out of the oven.


Once the brownies are baked, then cooled...you make the chocolate chip cookie dough that goes on top of the brownie. That's right...brownie on bottom...cookie dough on top.

I'll pause for a moment while you absorb the deliciousness of this situation.

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Do you now fully understand how good this is going to get? Okay, let's continue.

Sugar, butter, vanilla, a little milk, flour, and mini chocolate chips. (No eggs, so you're safe on that front.)


Then spread on top of the cooled brownies.


Refrigerate for a while before cutting.


I was smart enough to make these to bring for game night at a friend's house, so I packed them up right away before they had a chance to tempt me too much. I was really too full from eating the leftover cookie dough batter to be too tempted. I showed tremendous self-restraint and put them back in the fridge without sampling one.


No comments: