Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday Stitches: Celebrating Things Not Worth Celebrating

Here is another cross stitch project that I finished recently. It's called "Crabby All Year" so each month features a not-so-great characteristic of the month. This piece turned out really cute and colorful, but it's HUGE -- the finished stitched area is 16x11! I have no idea where I'm going to hang it once it's framed.

And speaking of framing, I took it to be framed over the weekend, only to discover that my favorite framing shop - the one that I've used exclusively for the past 3 years - is closed! Luckily the framer is going to another shop, but the new shop is not at all convenient to my house. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Any local needwork framing recommendations are welcome!

This is a Raise the Roof design, stitched over 2 on 32ct vintage pearled barley linen with DMC threads. This design actually comes as a series of 4 separate charts, so you could stitch each row individually if you wanted smaller pieces. This was the first RtR piece that I have stitched. I love the humor and whimsy in their designs.

From the designer: "Crabby monthlies were inspired by all of the 12-month series you see out there. They always feature the cute and fun things of each month: flowers, presents, flags, pumpkins. But each month brings with it things to be crabby about, too. I thought it would be neat to poke fun at those things we hate about the changing seasons and holidays. By doing that, I hope it takes a little of the stress out of the things like taxes, bugs, and relatives!"

As always, I get my supplies online at 1-2-3 Stitch.

No comments: