Friday, September 3, 2010

Kebobs. Chicken Kebobs.

I like kebobs because each person can put exactly what they like on their kebob. I also just like to say the word "kebob". Kebob. Who created that strange word?

Anyway.

Soaking the skewers in water so they won't burn on the grill:



Marinating chicken, onions, and red bell peppers in a mixture of soy sauce, honey, and canola oil:


I intended these to be a little spicy by but I forgot to add garlic, red pepper, and black pepper to the marinade. So out of 6 ingredients, I forgot 3 of them -- what a ditz. It's really a miracle that I have not managed to somehow burn this house down. It's probably a very good thing BD does most of the cooking.

I added baby portabella mushrooms to the marinade later, and we also had pineapple and cherry tomatoes.


We made 10 skewers which I thought was going to be waaaay too many, but we only had 2 leftover.



We had trouble getting the mushrooms to stay on the skewer; they kept tearing and falling off. BD used the grill tray and grilled mushrooms on it along with the other extra ingredients.

No comments: