Monday, August 23, 2010

Scotcheroos

I took these to a friend's house recently and referred to them as Adult Rice Krispies Treats, then had to disappoint everyone when I said there wasn't actually any alcohol in them! Perhaps a more appropriate alternate title for these would be Fancy Rice Krispies Treats, because that is basically what they are.

This is the second Rice Krispies Treats-esque recipe I've made where light corn syrup was used instead of the traditional marshmallows. On both occasions I've wished that I'd just used the marshmallows. To me the corn syrup makes them more dense and too chewy. Let me know what you think, if you try these.

Ingredients: Crispy Rice cereal (or actual Rice Krispies, if you aren't cheap like me!), crunchy peanut butter, light corn syrup, granulated sugar, butterscotch chips, and chocolate chips.


Melt the granulated sugar in the corn syrup on the stove top.



Mix in the crunchy peanut butter and cereal.



And press into a greased pan.


Melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips and pour over the top.



Let chocolate harden (I let mine sit overnight) and then cut into bars and serve.







1 comment:

Liz said...

Well they look good! I think I will try them, but I will definitely use the marshmallows.