Thursday, August 12, 2010

Lemon Bars

After anything chocolate, my next favorite type of dessert is anything lemon. These Lemon Bars are super simple and always a hit.

It's made with only 5 ingredients!


You start with the cake mix, melted butter, and one egg.


This makes a very thick bottom crust layer.


Next you mix together the powdered sugar, cream cheese, and the 2 remaining eggs.



Pour it on top of the crust and bake for 35-40 minutes. It makes a really pretty two-layer dessert. I love recipes like this because people always think you worked hard on it, but it was actually so easy!


I save a little bit of the powdered sugar to sprinkle on top after they're baked.



I like these because they are super easy to transport to parties, give as a gift, etc.



Do you prefer your lemon desserts to be tangy or sweet? I take after my dad and prefer tangy.

2 comments:

Mary Frances said...

YUM. I definitely prefer mine tangy. My high school Latin teacher (who is now a dear friend) loves lemon bars, so I try to get a batch to him whenever I'm in Richmond. I'll try this recipe next time!

teg said...

I LOVE lemon bars - actually any lemon dessert is a favorite for me. My grandmother makes "Lemon Lush" every time we visit and my whole family devours it. Tangy is the way to go for me!