Friday, August 20, 2010

Breakfast for Supper

We have had no significant rain here in a while. BD spent an hour or so outside watering plants trying to keep everything alive, so I was in charge of a recent weeknight supper, which means...breakfast for supper!

Luckily I had a recipe on hand, so I didn't have to do the standard scrambled eggs and grits.

I sauteed the broccoli and mushrooms first.

I whisked together the eggs, milk, Miracle Whip, Velveeta, and green onions, then added the veggies when they were ready.

I rolled out the pre-made crust into the pie plate.


It baked for about 40 minutes and was perfectly done.


BD wished that I had chopped the broccoli a little smaller, but overall we were both impressed with this one.

It did have to bake for a while, but I had everything prepped in 15 minutes, so it was less than an hour of total time -- a little longer than I prefer for during the work week, but not too bad!

1 comment:

Pickles and Dimes said...

Very nice! We had breakfast for dinner this week too, only ours was scrambled eggs (for Jason), eggs over easy (me), sausages and peanut butter on toast. Mmmmmm!