Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Summer Blooms

We have lots of things blooming around here, despite the heat. We put daylilies in the front bed this year. We had dwarf gardenias that were not doing well in that spot, so we decided to replace them with hardy daylilies. The rabbits like to munch on the flowers so the blooms don't last long, but they keep producing new buds.


We have dark pink and white vincas in the other part of the front bed -- along with those weird mini Christmas trees we planted last fall.

I have a sunflower wreath on the front door. This wreath is several years old, but it still looks good so I keep using it. Sunflowers make me think of summer. Kip is peeking out the door to see what I'm doing.

We planted this crepe myrtle 3 springs ago. Shortly after we planted it, right as it was starting to bloom, there was a late hard freeze that really damaged it. It has taken it 2 full years to recover, so this is the first summer that it's really bloomed.



This is just an annual in a pot on top of a stump of a tree we had removed several years ago. I can't remember the name of this plant, but it has grown tremendously since we planted it.


[Mini-rant: Is anyone else having problems with blogger uploading multiple pictures together? It is only letting me upload one picture at a time, and it is REALLY FRUSTRATING!]

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I have the same issue with the uploading of only ONE picture at a time. It's so annoying! I don't know what to do about it.

teg said...

"those weird mini Christmas trees we planted last fall..." HA HA HA. I don't know why, but that made me laugh out loud. I LOVE the wreath!!! Very cool. I fear many of my plants will reach high distress levels next week while I'm gone to the beach. I have a friend coming to water about every other day, but with this heat i don't think that will cut it!