Thursday, April 1, 2010

Southwestern Egg Rolls

I've always wanted to try to make egg rolls, but it always seemed like it would be too complicated to be worth it. Recently I found a recipe that looked too good to pass up.

I sent BD to the Asian supermarket to get egg roll paper, and we got busy. (The rest of the ingredients were available at my local grocery store.)

BD mixed up the filling for me. We used just what it called for in the recipe -- spinach, corn, black beans, rice, cheese, and assorted spices.

I did most of the rolling. BD tried, but his rolls didn't quite meet my standards stay together as well as mine.



I also liked this recipe because they were baked in the oven instead of fried. It made them less greasy than the usual restuarant egg rolls, and we didn't stink up the house like fried food. We ate this with BD's homemade salsa. Next time I'll also make some homemade ranch dressing.


1 comment:

Emily said...

I am definitely going to have to try that recipie. Thanks for the idea!