Monday, April 19, 2010

Pizza Dough

Over the past few months I've been using a really simple pizza dough recipe for our homemade pizzas (I always used a Pillsbury refrigerated crust before).

This is the easiest dough recipe I've found (please share if you have others!) - I can prep it in about 15 minutes; it takes about 1.5 hours to rise, and I haven't once screwed it up yet!

Click the link above for the exact recipe, but here are the basic steps:

Sprinkle the yeast over warm water.

While the yeast is doing whatever it is that yeast does, I get the dry ingredients ready. I like to use Gold Medal Bread flour - mainly because it's the kind my local grocery store carries.



Turn the mixer on low and slowly add the liquid mixture. Action shot!


Switch from the paddle attachment to the dough hook and in about 5 minutes it will look like this:


The next part gets a little messy!


Put it into a lightly oiled, deep bowl and cover.


I usually let this rise for about 1.5-2 hours. Although last week I totally forgot about it and left it for 4 hours, and it was just fine. It will look something like this:


This recipe makes enough for 2 pizzas. I store the dough in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze it if we're not going to use it right away.

Here's my latest creation: Honey Dijon BLT pizza




3 comments:

artemisia said...

I am going to try this recipe; my pizza dough recipe takes a bit longer and I am rarely in the mood to wait that long on a Friday night!

Looks so yummy!

teg said...

That pizza looks mighty tasty!

Tracy said...

YUM! That pizza looks really good!