Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Procrastination is My Middle Name

Actually Ann is my middle name but that doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

The second draft of my capstone project (equivalent to a thesis) is due to my advisors tomorrow. I submitted a first draft almost a month ago and, up until this past weekend, pretty much haven't touched it since then.

It's not like I didn't know this day was coming; it is clearly marked on the class syllabus and my personal calendar. But who wants to actually do the work when you can sit around and fret about it not being done?!

I have been working on it frantically since Saturday, and I've made really good progress, but I've still got a long way to go. Looks like it's going to be another late night.

Who really needs sleep anyway? It is way overrated.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...

6 comments:

teg said...

"Who Needs Sleep?" by the Barenaked Ladies is a favorite of mine. And no, I do not sleep as much (not nearly as much) as the average person. But I know your pain. I got my MA in journalism in 2002 - but not without a LOT of procrastinating!

Peggy said...

This is one other characteristic that we know for sure came from your mother!!! Love you, Mama

artemisia said...

You can do it! Just think, it less than two months it will all be over! That is what I keep telling myself, anyway.

L and C said...

It's this time of year, I tell you. Spring Fever has a horribly adverse effect on academics.

Alice said...

i'm a HUGE procrastinator, but i like to think of it as Improved Time Management. just look at all the time i freed up during the month by leaving all my work until the last 2 days! :-0

Alice said...

(oops. that was supposed to be a :-) )