Monday, November 9, 2009

Hoot.

My mom wants me to drop out of grad school. She hasn't said those words exactly, but it's the only reason I can think of that she would send me a cupcake decorating book during the middle of the semester.

We have a screech owl that lives in our backyard, so in his honor I made a batch of owl cupcakes:

The book is full of really cute ideas. I chose the owls because they didn't look too difficult for an initial attempt at cupcake decorating. I found the instructions to be easy to follow, and although mine are not as perfect as the pictures in the book, I think they turned out pretty cute.


It took me about an hour and a half to make 8 big owls and 8 baby owls (is a baby owl called an owlette, or am I making that up?), not including the time to actually bake the cupcakes. Once I made the first few, I got the hang of it and picked up speed from there.


I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with them now. They're so cute that I don't want anyone to eat them!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Those are so cute!!!!

Pickles and Dimes said...

Those look incredible! And delicious!

Nikki said...

OMG How stinkin' cute. I think I got it figured out except for the beak. What is it?

Alice said...

OMG SO CUTE. SO SO CUTE! i love them! (they also look delicious. is that wrong? ;-) )