Sunday, November 1, 2009

Hello, World. Remember Me?

Hoo boy! So, no one warned you that the second year of grad school is the year they try to weed out the unfit, huh? Yeah...me either. I've got about 6 more weeks to survive until the fall semester is over.

Although we've pretty much given up on Carolina football at this point, we did get out to a couple of games earlier in the season. I never thought I'd see the day that this SEC-football-born-and-bred family would ever wish for basketball season to start sooner.

This is the band spelling "Tarheels" during the pre-game show.





And the team taking the field to start the game.




Kip is up to his usual tricks....making himself comfortable on our bed



and resting his head in weird, uncomfortable-looking places.





We bought new art to hang in our freshly painted stairway. I couldn't get a good angle, but you get the idea. It came from this site on Etsy.



You can see that our life is just so exciting that I barely have time to blog about all the things we've been up to lately!

3 comments:

L and C said...

Welcome back! I've missed your posts, so it's good to see that you're finally finding time for what's really important with all that you've got on your plate these days.

Love the new bedding, by the way. I don't know how "new" it is since I haven't been to your house in two years, but the colors are mah-velous.

Alice said...

oh man, i've been to that etsy store and drooled over the paintings there before! i LOVE the one you guys got!

teg said...

Love the new art work! And I, too, have given up on the Tar Heels. I've been to every home game and I'll be there again on Saturday. If we lose to Duke I think I'll just cry. Outlook does not look good.