Friday, November 27, 2009

Flashback Friday

LA & BD, May 1998 - high school graduation

BD was the salutatorian of our class (hence the medal). He led part of the ceremony, but I can't remember which part. The year we graduated there was an obnoxious number of valedictorians - like 8 or 10. I think it was BD's one B in AP Biology that cost him the valedictorian rank.

I can remember that I got my bangs trimmed the day before graduation, and she cut them too short. I was upset because I thought the short bangs made me look too young. Right. It was the bangs. I wish I could go back in time and tell myself to just get used to it - 10+ years later and people still tell me how young I look. My mother says I will appreciate that one day.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

This makes me happy and sad at the same time!! It calls forth many very touching, exciting, and funny memories! We love you both. Mama