Monday, November 16, 2009

And So It Begins...

Carolina basketball 09-10 has begun. They are already 3-0 on the season, but I just attended my first game yesterday due to school conflicts, etc. And by "etc" I mean "9 pm tip-offs when it's rainy and cold - I am not that much of a die-hard fan - have a good time at the game by yourself, BD."

Our seats got moved down 3 whole rows this year! We're now on row T instead of row W. We have high hopes that maybe our great-great grandkids won't have to bring binoculars to see the games. Although, if you've ever been to the Smith Center, you'll know that those 3 rows make a huge difference in how bad your quads are burning when you finally get to your seat.



It is very strange to not see very many familiar faces out on the court. But Ginyard and Thompson were strong leaders, and the Tar Heels held off the Valparaiso Crusaders 88-77.


This season is the 100th year anniversary of the Carolina basketball program. There is a new decal on the court in honor of the occasion.

It wasn't all fun and games for me. We live about 45 minutes away from the Dean Dome, so I got in an extra hour and a half of reading for school while in transit. I asked if I could bring my books in to the game. BD told me he was sure that the reception area at the divorce attorney's office would be very quiet, and I could get a lot of reading done there.

Until next time.....GOOOOOO Tar Heels!

1 comment:

Alice said...

HAH. nicely played, BD.. :-)