Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Friday, September 11, 2009
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Painting is one of the few home improvement projects that I am actually helpful when participating, so I was all gung-ho to help out with this one. However, it dawned on me that 3 of the walls to be painted are 2-stories high which meant lots of precarious walkboards and dangling over the banister (see Exhibits A and B). Let's face it...someone had to be available for the very-possible need to drive BD to the ER.
Exhibit A: Walkboards
Exhibit B: Dangling
Exhibit C: Job Foreman
To his credit, the homemade scaffolding worked perfectly, and we didn't have to give any of our hard-earned money to Durham Regional for stitches or bone-setting. (Although it was touch-and-go there for a minute later in the weekend when he managed to bash himself in the head with the hummingbird feeder. I'm telling you...I can't leave him unsupervised for one minute!)
The walls look great. I didn't take an 'after' shot because it is painted such a neutral color that it doesn't come across in the pictures. It is painted Behr 'Cottage White' if you're curious - a warm, creamy white.
Kip, wondering what in tarnation we're up to this time. (In my imagination he uses words like 'tarnation' or 'by golly' all the time.)