Monday, July 13, 2009

Snacks on a Plane

Several weeks ago BD bought some homemade trail mix from the clubhouse of a local golf course. He came home telling me about the trail mix and how it was the Best Trail Mix Ever. I've probably heard about it 10 times since then.

Later this week we are headed out for some beach vacation time, so I decided to try and recreate the Best Trail Mix Ever to bring on the plane. I gathered up the ingredients that he remembered and added a few more that he thought would be tasty.

Here's what I started with - pretzel sticks, m&m's, mixed nuts, yogurt covered raisins, granola, and rice chex.



I threw it all together in a bowl and voila! Best Trail Mix Ever.



It is getting rave reviews so far.



I am a gummi bear girl myself.

1 comment:

teg said...

I had to comment because of your clever title, "Snacks on a Plane." I never did see that silly movie, but I can appreciate the reference!
I'm a big fan of making expensive treats on the sly (much cheaper) so good for you! Although I must say I am NOT a gummy bear girl. Chewy candy is a no-no for me. I think it's due to the father/brother dentist influence. Make sure you brush and floss after indulging in sticky treats! xoxo, your tooth fairy friend