Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The New Chair

Today BD picked up the new furniture we bought over the weekend.





A new chair and ottoman for the computer room! I needed a place to read/study where the TV downstairs wouldn't disturb me. Previously the only option upstairs was to sit on our bed and read. Trying to sit on the bed and read dry school material = me asleep in less than 15 minutes. At least this way I'll have to sleep sitting up which will be marginally more difficult for me.

This chair met all of my requirements: small-scale, upholstered, geometric print, and squishy cushions. Although this one is decidedly less squishy than the floor model at the store, the chapters in the textbook for my summer class are all 50+ pages long, so I'm sure I'll have it broken in in no time.


Here is a close-up of the pattern.