Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Squeeze Me

For our anniversary, BD gave me a Squeezebox Duet. We got it set up over the weekend, and it is great! The Squeezebox connects to your Wi-Fi network and your home audio system to play all of the audio files stored on your PC over your home stereo speakers. It also connects to any music services you subscribe to (Pandora, Rhapsody, iTunes, etc) and all of the Internet radio stations, including any local stations that stream music. Very cool!

It was relatively easy to set up; we did have one issue with the firewall on our router blocking access, but that was simple enough to resolve. At our house, the controller works from every room - even from upstairs. If you would like to have access to all of your electronic music files on your home system, we recommend the Squeezebox!








3 comments:

Alice said...

that sounds awesome! i currently only have.. um, well, my ipod, i suppose. and i asked for a speaker base for that for xmas. i'll upgrade to a fancypants system one day!

teg said...

Indeed, that sounds very cool. I'm pretty low-tech here - my largest television is only 19". I have an "ihome"-like speaker-base for my ipod that is a lot more powerful than I ever would've believed before I got it. My stereo system (with only one working speaker) is hooked up to my tiny television so that I at least have decent sound. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind my low-tech life. My friends always tease me that if I were married there's no way I'd have such a tiny TV. Oh well, I don't mind not being married either :)

Gina C. said...

Hey..I came across your blog today and took the time to read some of your posts. I like it. I especially enjoy the pics and posts of your dog. What a cutie! Check my blog out if you want. Lots of pics of my puppy.