Monday, December 15, 2008

Call Murphy, Tell Him He Can Have His Law Back

Here are the details of my Monday...

~A couple of weeks ago, the marketing director recruited me to be in a new video testimonial that is being made for the re-vamp of our company website. The video shoot was today.

  • I was told, "We'll give you a list of questions beforehand so you can think about your answers." Apparently that was code for, "We'll give you a list of vague topics and then you're just supposed to start talking. On camera. With strangers in the room."
  • Also, we were told there was going to be a professional makeup artist there to get us camera-ready. She put hot pink lipstick on me. Hot pink lipstick isn't exactly my style. I actually made a passing comment to her about please don't use bright red lipstick. Between getting the makeup applied and filming the video I never got to look in a mirror, so I wasn't aware I was wearing hot pink lipstick. I walked all the way back to my cube wearing hot pink lipstick. I am going to be on the Internet wearing hot pink lipstick. And no, this is not an adult video, if you know what I mean.

~I went to use the restroom about 2 hours after I got home from work tonight and realized my pants were unzipped. I think the last time I went to the restroom was at work around 3 pm. I attended 2 meetings between 3 -5 pm. With unzipped pants, apparently.

~I was asked to bring a dessert for a Lunch and Learn meeting tomorrow.

  • There were just enough eggs in the fridge to use for dinner and for the 2 desserts I was making. The yolk busted in one egg when I was trying to separate the whites, so BD had to go to the grocery store for eggs at 9pm.
  • One of the desserts I am bringing is a loaf of pumpkin chocolate chip bread. I've made this recipe at least 6 or 7 times. I always bake it for an hour at 350, and it turns out really well. Tonight I cooked it for an hour at 350, and it was gummy and undercooked. I, of course, did not discover this until it was completely cooled, and BD was slicing it for me. BD had to go back to the grocery store for more pumpkin at 10 pm.
  • I put the second-attempt loaf in the oven at 10:30. I am usually in bed by 11pm.

Thank goodness there is only 1 hour left in this day. Tomorrow better be a vast improvement over today, or I'm not getting out of bed on Wednesday.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Girl, I KNOW how you feel! I have days like that all the time. Hopefully it gets better! (I have also had the zipper thing happen to me!)

Pickles and Dimes said...

HAHAHHAHAHA. Hot pink lipstick AND unzipped pants - you win! :)

artemisia said...

Oh, MAN. I am sorry.

But not sorry enough to keep from laughing out loud! Hope things get better.