Saturday, September 27, 2008

Gone Country

Recently, BD and I were invited out to our friends' farm for a dinner party. The evening involved good friends, good food, and good conversation. And also trying to, uh, pet the cows. Turns out cows don't really like to be petted (although they do like to eat sliced bread!), and also... cows are kinda gross. All in all, it was good times.


The cows are wondering why I'm taking pictures.



RC, me, and KG in front of a 100-yr old barn. KG is the lady of the farm.



How do you wipe your nose when you don't have hands? Use your tongue, of course. Ew.


RC and KG were very excited (high five!) about the prospect of being on the blog. I don't think they get out much.


RC trying to pet the cows. She was much braver than me. I didn't want to offend the cows, but they didn't smell so great, so I stayed a safe distance away. RC also fed them slices of bread.

We also picked fresh figs, pears, walnuts, and persimmons and took a tour of all the big equipment. Farm life is fun!

No comments: