Sunday, July 13, 2008

Macho Nachos

Just by looking at BD, no one would ever suspect the amount of food this man consumes on a daily basis. When we eat with friends for the first time, the same question inevitably gets asked..."Where does he put all that food?!" The truth is, no one knows how he eats that much food and never gains weight. After a while, you get used to it and accept it for the unexplainable event that it is -- like the 8th wonder of the world or something.


So tonight he decides he wants to make nachos with the leftover seasoned ground beef from last night's tacos. I come downstairs to see a rather, um, LARGE plate of nachos. (Cell phone for size reference.)


The thought crosses my mind that, although the plate is the same color as our dinner plates, it looks larger. But, I chalk it up to an optical illusion and don't ask any questions. However, when he's finished off the last of the nachos, and I can fully see the plate underneath, it dawns on me why it looked so familiar.



He took a decorative serving platter down off the wall and made nachos on it!! For explanation he says with a shrug, "I wanted more nachos than would fit on our regular plates."


"Where does he put all that food?!"

2 comments:

Pickles & Dimes said...

Oh my god. That is so funny and so completely awesome on so many levels.

HA!

Melissa said...

As a dietitian I can not condone that sort of eating! ;) JK! I think he has a hollow leg. More power to him!