Sunday, April 27, 2008

Guiltless Goodies - Edited

Dreamy Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge

I found the recipe in this week's People magazine article about this website.

It calls for simple ingredients and at only 65 calories per serving (1.5" square), I wanted to give it a try.


I mixed the pumpkin and brownie mix together and then spooned the peanut butter on top - used a knife to swirl it into the batter.


It baked for approx 35 minutes at 350.

After baking you are supposed to let it cool, cover with foil, and then chill in fridge for 2 hours. The resident food critic (who is not a fan of fudge) insisted on trying it before it went into the fridge.

He declared it "good but a little pumpkin-y," so I tried a bite, too. It is a little pumpkin-y but not overwhelmingly so - maybe it would be more appropriate for a fall dessert instead of spring. But for only 65 calories, I'm not really complaining.

Edited to add: I realized this morning that I used pumpkin pie filling instead of just pure pumpkin. This is probably the reason why it tastes a little pumpkin-y.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Looks delish! Except that was going to be my first question - how pumpkin-y is it? Maybe cut down on the pumpkin and add more chocolate next time? Hehe, I guess that would up the calorie count though, huh?

My Buddy Mimi said...

Yum! I'll have to add pumpkin to my shopping list.